How can I switch LPC from IBM to Dell or other PC?

The place to ask any question regarding any issue with your Fujifilm photofinishing equipment. Digital or analog.

Moderators: cj.ruiz, astramiello, mitrofanov_serge

bmilligan56

04 Apr 2022, 14:05

I have a couple FR570's that have the IBM LPC installed right now. One of the IBM's video went out and both of the IBM's seems to run slower than I remember. What do I need spec wise in the way of a newer PC and if possible can you list all needed software cd's.
yustas
Forum Admin

04 Apr 2022, 19:51

Please be more specific.
And I think there is no need to purchase new PC by two reasons:
- new PC work under Win10.
- it is silly to buy new PC if you have not try to tune the regular PC that you have.

Please specify what PC specification do you have at the moment and what Basic software is in use.
minilablaser.com
Laser repair service
Diode laser modules
bmilligan56

05 Apr 2022, 12:38

First, the LPC that the video is down, a new motherboard, that is a match for the IBM motherboard is $1000. The IT guy is trying to locate a decent video card for the PCI slot but finding one that works with WIN XP is proving difficult. Second of all these PC's are 20 years old which makes them ancient in terms of PC's . But because of the build of software, apparently it looks for a certain hardware configuration, that again is 20 years old. These IBM PC's (model 1609-FRM) run slow. I can be in service engineer mode and try to activate an I/O check and it may take 45 to 60 seconds for a response, it's frustrating. I need to keep these running for awhile longer because a lot of our customers like the silver halide wet process as opposed to inkjet.

I can buy a new, clean PC for less than the $1000 motherboard and have a fresh start. I also have both WIN XP and WIN 7 that I can load into the new PC.
yustas
Forum Admin

06 Apr 2022, 11:25

You can use new PC for your Di server and FMPC but there is no need to buy a powerful PC for FMPC.
One-core is enough. That PC does not have too much volume of information to develop.
A powerful PC is essential for Di.
Installation manual for MS01 has a list of requirements for PC so just follow it and everything will be OK.
minilablaser.com
Laser repair service
Diode laser modules